A trip to Glacier Bay National Park is truly a "once in a lifetime" experience. Glacier Bay is one of the most wild and remote National Parks in the World. The park is only accessed by boat (there are no roads or trails), and an adventure on board Hopscotch will allow you to experience glaciers, whales, otters, bears, sea lions, and maybe even the occasional moose or wolf.
Glacier Bay Expedition Itinerary
9 Days/ 8 Nights (2 at Hotel)
Juneau to Juneau
- Day 1: Arrive in Juneau! Our Glacier Bay Expedition begins and ends in Auke Bay, just outside of Juneau. Your first (and last) evening will be spent in a hotel in fun, historic, and beautiful downtown Juneau.
- Day 2: On the second day of your adventure we will depart Auke Bay and head West around the North end of Admiralty Island. Depending on the wind, weather, and whales, we will spend the night at one of several spots on the Icy Straight.
- Day 3: We enter the park and check in at the visitor center in Bartlett Cove. We'll do a little hike and have the chance to learn about some of the storied history of the park, and the tinglit people that called her home for so many generations. With the incoming tide we will depart Bartlett Cove and head North into the Park proper.
- Day 4-7: Glacier Bay is huge! We will have plenty of time to cover both arms of the park. First will sail to the Northwest, up to Tarr Inlet. We'll sail past the Gloomy Nob and look for goats! After exploring the West Arm, we'll head to the Northeast arm, up Muir inlet. Both of these Arms have tidewater glaciers, incredible views, and plenty of time for exploring, and experiencing Glacier Bay in the most up close and intimate way possible. Our 7th night will be outside the park on the Icy Straight.
- Day 8: We arrive back in Auke bay in the early afternoon. Your 8th night will be spent relaxing and reminiscing in downtown Juneau.
- Day 9: Depart Juneau! Here's where your adventure in SE Alaska ends...till next time!
A map to Adventure!
Part of what makes for a great adventure is not sticking to a set schedule! We pride our operation on being flexible, and adaptable so that we can always make the best of whatever situation the weather, wind, or whales send our way! Our map below gives you a rough idea of our timing, and destinations, but most likely we'll deviate at least a little. Don't forget: we are a sailboat, and that means we're just as much about the journey as we are about the destination!
A note about Alaska
Once you step on board you'll have everything you need, and then some! Our charters are "All inclusive"...food, drinks, gear, even some really good jokes from the Captain! Our Glacier Bay Expedition includes all logistics and fees associated with visiting the Park. Your trip also includes 7 nights on-board Hopscotch, and two at a Juneau Hotel. Prices listed below do not include: tax, crew gratuities, and any hard alcohol you wish to bring on-board with you.
Book before January 1st, 2018 and save 15%
Please contact us for last minute availability and pricing. This pricing table is for "entire yacht" charters. For our "Group Charters" the price is $3600 per guest ($3060 if booked before Jaunary 1st, 2018).
- 6 Guests: $3600/Person. Book before January 1st, 2018: $3060/Person
- 5 Guests: $3800/Person Book before January 1st, 2018: $3230/Person
- 4 Guests: $4200/Person Book before January 1st, 2018: $3570/Person
- 3 Guests: $$5500/Person Book before January 1st, 2018: $4675/Person
- 2 Guests: $6800/Person Book before January 1st, 2018: $5780/Person