Traveling from Juneau to Sitka is a quintessential SE Alaskan journey. These two towns have rich history, and incredible scenery. Our adventure connecting these magical places will take us through Chatham Straight, Peril Straight, and Sitka Sound. We'll sail past humpbacks, orcas, and dolphins. Our anchorages will put us in prime bear viewing territory, and we'll have many opportunities to explore the shorelines and trails by foot, board, and kayak.
Southeast Explorer Itenerary
8 Days/ 7 Nights (2 at Hotel)
This itinerary is for the Juneau to Sitka route. Our second trip of the season will be in reverse (Sitka to Juneau)
- Day 1: Arrive in Juneau! Our Southeast Explorer trip begins in Auke Bay, just outside of Juneau. Your first (and last) evening will be spent in a hotel in fun, historic, and beautiful downtown Juneau (then Sitka).
- Day 2: On the second day of your adventure we will depart Auke Bay and head West around the North end of Admiralty Island. We'll then sail South, up Chatham Straight. We'll be on the look out for group feeding humpbacks! We will anchor in Pavlof Harbor...a prime hangout for Brown Bears! We can explore the shore, and kayak up the short river to the "falls" where we'll hopefully see some bears!
- Day 3: We continue South in Chatham straight and pull into the village of Tenakee Springs. The towns of SE Alaska are every bit a part of "Alaska" as the wilderness. We'll spend a couple of hours exploring the "town" and enjoying a great hike along the beach. For those looking to warm up, we can use the town hot springs!
- Day 4: We depart Tenakee and head for Peril Straight. We'll stop at Hanus bay and do a short hike up to Lake Eva. After departing, we'll head further west to our destination for the evening: Big Bear/Baby Bear State Marine Park! This is a fantastic spot for paddling and wildlife watching!
- Day 5: Today we head further west through Peril Straight and out into Salisbury Sound. Tonight we'll anchor in Kalinin Bay, where we have the opportunity to do a short hike to Sealion Cove (on the Pacific Ocean side of Kruzof Island.
- Day 6: We'll sail back into Salisbury Sound and into Neva straight, as we head South towards the Magoun Island Group. We'll drop anchor in this idyllic and secluded State Marine Park. There are tons of coves, and inlets, perfect for paddling and exploring!
- Day 7: Arrive in Sitka ! Sitka is an incredibly charming town with fascinating Tlingit and Russian history. Spend the afternoon walking through the Totem Park, or wandering the streets. There are also great hikes if you still haven't had your fill of SE Wilderness! You'll spend the evening in a Sitka Hotel relaxing and reminiscing over a wonderful adventure!
- Day 8: Depart Sitka! Here's where your adventure in SE Alaska ends...till next time!
A MAP TO ADVENTURE!
Part of what makes for a great adventure is not sticking to a set schedule! We pride our operation on being flexible, and adaptable so that we can always make the best of whatever situation the weather, wind, or whales send our way! Our map below gives you a rough idea of our timing, and destinations, but most likely we'll deviate at least a little. Don't forget: we are a sailboat, and that means we're just as much about the journey as we are about the destination!
A note about Alaska
Once you step on board you'll have everything you need, and then some! Our charters are "All inclusive"...food, drinks, gear, even some really good jokes from the Captain! Our Glacier Bay Expedition includes all logistics and fees associated with visiting the Park. Your trip also includes 7 nights on-board Hopscotch, and two at a Juneau Hotel. Prices listed below do not include: tax, crew gratuities, and any hard alcohol you wish to bring on-board with you.
Please contact us for last minute availability and pricing. This pricing table is for "entire yacht" charters. For our "Group Charters" the price is $3000 per guest(book before January 1st, 2018: $2550/Person
- 6 Guests: $3000/Person.Book before January 1st, 2018: $2550/Person
- 5 Guests: $3200/Person. Book before January 1st, 2018: $2720/Person
- 4 Guests: $3600/Person. Book before January 1st, 2018: $3060/Person
- 3 Guests: $$4200/Person. Book before January 1st, 2018: $3570/Person
- 2 Guests: $5800/Person., Book before January 1st, 2018: $4930/Person